Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem w/ GeForce2 GTS & Voodoo3
AmberEyes   2000-12-20 06:58
Hello,

I recently got a voodoo3 3000 pci to compliment my GeForce2 GTS to run a multimonitor system. My problem though, is that the second monitor (a Dell 1226H, which I was able to sucessfully run at 1600x1200 with an old TNT2 Ultra card) will not allow me to go any higher than 800x600 (although it lets me use 32 bit color). When I look in my system settings, under the device manager, it shows that both monitors I have are installed (I am running the Dell monitor as the second monitor - the first one is a ViewSonic E790B), yet, if I open the second monitor's setting in the display properties, it clearly identifies that I am running the Voodoo3 on an "unknown monitor", as well as showing the second monitor at a much smaller size graphically than the first, even though both are 19 inch monitors - these things, I suspect, are keeping me from running at 1600x1200 on the second monitor. Any advice or help on how to sort this out and get this working so both monitors are identified and working at 1600x1200 would be very much appreciated.

-AmberEyes
Karpage   2001-01-08 11:28
What OS are you using? Under W2k, Voodoo3 1.04 drivers work perfectly. (I've got the same setup)

The size of the monitor shown in display properties has nothing to do with the physical size of the monitor, only the resolution. And it doesn't need to identify the monitor by name, "Plug and Play monitor" works fine.

Have you tried unchecking advanced settings->monitor->hide modes that this monitor cannot display?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem w/ GeForce2 GTS & Voodoo3