Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Suggestions.
Emanuele   2003-05-09 04:42
Hey there.
I`ve been thinking about getting two Dell 1800FP (lcd) for my new box due after the summer.
Though now after reading the threads in this forum I`m concerned with whether to get two of them or not.

I`m waiting for the new NV35 from Nvidia and it should have DVI and analog. So I`ll will run the two LCD from this card. Will there be an known issue using them?

- The LCD connected to the analog will suffer from this connection over the DVI one?

- Can I do some gaming on both? OR watch DVDs?

- While I`ll be gaming...on one can I use the other for IRC or ICQ or whatever?

Sorry for the long thread but we are talking about over a 1000$ on LCDs. If its not worth it I`ll get only one. THANKS MUCH!

e-mail: bshplt@yahoo.com
Emanuele   2003-05-16 01:03
please anyone?

:(
Barton   2003-05-16 10:21
Emanuele,

I'll try to help with your questions in order.

I have no data on the NV-35. To new, although there shouldn't be a problem.

The LCD connected to the analog side will have a completely different look that the one on the DVI side. The digital image will be MUCH clearer than the analog one.

Yes, you can do gaming on both. Actually, using nVidia's Twin-View, you should be able to "span" both monitors to get "surround" gaming effects. This is what I do with FS2002 and CFS3.

Gaming and IRC or ICQ...that's a tough one. When I'm running FS2002 and I click into the vacant monitor, the game pauses and minimizes. So can you really do both? Not sure.

Before you go and drop $1000 on a couple of 1800FP's, check out eBay. A friend of mine just got two of them for $850, including shiping, no tax and BRAND NEW! You might have to work at it, but there are some teriffic deals on those monitors right now on eBay!

Good Luck!

Barton
Emanuele   2003-05-16 11:57
Thanks a lot for your reply Barton!

I`ll check for sure ebay for any deals on them.
I`d like to game on both although I can`t spend a 1000$ and then realize that it wont work, so I was thinking about getting the monitor somewhere where I can return the monitor within 30 days if I`m not happy with it.

Thanks again!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Suggestions.