Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Stopping Auto Scroll on Second Monitor
Tony   2003-05-13 01:45
I have had a desire to run two displays on my Win2K Pro system, especially when using Photoshop and Illustrator. I have wanted to be able to pull the menus onto a smaller flat panel screen and to have my 21" Trinitron available as a one, big 'working' window.

My video card died so I purchased a Radeon 7500 with both VGA and DVI out. I then purchased an NEC 15" LCD with DVI input.

I can get both monitors working with the Radeon card, but can't seem to get the effect that I'm looking for:

I want the LCD to be an extension of the Trinitron.

The Hydravision software that comes with the Radeon only allows the display to be expanded to the left or down, not to the right, so I may have to move the LCD to the right of the Trinitron, but more bothersome is that no matter what I do, the image on teh LCD still wants to autoscroll when the mouse cursor meets the edge of the screen

The Trinitron is set for 1600x1200 and the LCD is running at 1024x768 native.

What am I doing wrong?

Tony
Eric Carlson   2003-05-13 09:55
In the drivers, you have to set it so Windows sees each display as if it were on a seperate video card, then you can use the native Windows 2000 multi-monitor support, and you can set the monitors in any position relative to each other, even diagonally. Just drag one of the monitors to the position you want in Display Properties.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Tony Reynolds   2003-05-21 01:39
I managed to solve the *problem*, but I had to buy XP Pro to do it.

I loaded the new OS, and it was a snap to set up the monitors just the way I wanted. It works great. I've noticed that some apps retain a memory of where the windows and menus were positioned, some don't. Hopefully there is a preference I can set somewhere that will enable all apps to behave this way. Photoshop already does...

Tony
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Stopping Auto Scroll on Second Monitor