Forums -> Multiple monitors -> can you play a video across 2 monitors?
Tomos   2003-05-15 10:45
i would love 2 use 2 monitors to watch a video (widescreen) with the pic spanned across both and use the 3rd to do work on (well, browse the net :) )

the software i was thinking of was powerdvd.

is this possible? or am i just dreaming?

--
TJ
Pulsar   2003-05-16 00:54
It is possible, i tried it before. i used the icon ultramon created to span windows mediaplayer across my 2 screens, and it gave video over both. But as soon as i clicked the "full screen" icon on mediaplayer to enlarge the screen so you wouldn't see mediaplayers buttons and bars, it enlarged in only 1 screen.
Also most wideview programs are in 16:9 (length of the image devided by highness) ratio (which is around 16/9 = 1.7 ) while a regular 2monitor setup is a 2.666 ratio.
That means if you would stretch a movie across your 2 screens it would be very deformed.

--------------------------------------------------
Multimonitor wallpapers gallery
tomos   2003-05-16 04:51
there must be a way to do it so that the aspect ration stays the same? and the rest of the screen stays black?

you did say that it was possible, you just had issues in fullscreen. what about just leaving it in a windowd mode across the 2 monitors?

--
TJ
Pulsar   2003-05-19 10:27
Yep that would work, but then you have those annoying window buttons... then i rather watch on 1 screen in fullscreenmode. But you can of course try :)
tomos   2003-05-21 07:21
can ultramon let me play power dvd (running a dvd) on my 2nd monitor?

now when i drag it across i just get a black screen. i have the latest hydravision from ati installed.

--
TJ
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> can you play a video across 2 monitors?