Forums -> Multiple monitors -> My ATI card "splits" my other Dual display card
Mike   2003-05-16 06:18
Hello,
Just wondering if someone can help here. I have a computer that is running a Dome dual monitor display card. I had need for a third monitor so I purchased an ATI Xpert 128 video card. When I installed the ATI card and got the drivers loaded it made the monitor driven by the ATI card Display 2. So I had Dome 1 as Display 1. ATI as Display 2. And Dome 2 as Display 3.

If I swap the cards around I can get ATI as display one and the domes as 2 and 3, but I don't want to do this because I need to run VNC for remote control purposes and have to see one of the Dome controlled panels.

What I would like is Domes as Display 1 and 2 and ATI is Display 3. Anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this???

Thanks for any help!

Mike
Eric Carlson   2003-05-16 12:41
What is the problem with leaving hte ATI as #2? In Windows, you can arrange the monitors physically in any arrangement, and just move the icons around in the display manager to get them where you want them, so you can have windows order the monitors as 1,3,2, if you want the two DOME monitors next to each other.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Mike   2003-05-17 04:38
I have an application that runs on the Dome panels. The application will only run on consecutive numbered displays. So the ATI being display two causes the app to fail.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> My ATI card "splits" my other Dual display card