Forums -> Multiple monitors -> "Locking" the 2nd monitor - Game in 1, apps in 2nd
Jason   2003-05-21 12:47
Hello. I'm trying to set up a 2nd monitor and was wondering if this was possible. Currently I run the game in monitor 1, and the other apps like IE in monitor 2. Now, the problem arises when I try to move in the game. To move, I have to hit the right side of the screen. This isn't possible because the mouse just goes to the 2nd monitor.

Is it possible to 'lock' one monitor, and then alt tab to the 2nd monitor to reach the apps on that one?

If anyone has any helpful tips, my email is aegdaien@hotmail.com
Plan B   2003-05-21 17:20
come on ...

i´m sure you can read...
Pulsar   2003-05-22 05:30
you just need one of those mouse screenlock devices. In Grand Theft Auto 3 i had the same problem, but there's a little patch made for it so that doesn't happen anymore. I don't know if there's any programs that lock mouses for anything (i think there are) but there should be seperate ones for the game you're referring to.

my multimonitorwallpaper gallery
Monkey   2003-05-22 16:30
I'm having the excact same problem, Where can I find those screenlock devices? Because this is getting annoying and making alot of my games crash. Does it necessiarly have to be game specific patches? or are the settings to fix this in specific video cards?

I'm using a Geforece 4 ti4600 128 and I have both monitors hooked up to it.
Mangyrat   2003-05-23 04:03
mouse jail i think is what you want
i dont have the link on hand but just search for it.
as for games crashing some games just dont like dual seups so befor you play disable the 2nd monitor when playing a game that crashes.
with ultra monitor this is easy set up profiles for diferent displays right befor opening the game just click on the icon you made to vchange to 1 monitor and after game just click on the icon you made to change to 2 monitors
Zorg   2003-05-26 07:18
Ultramon can do it, Civ3 has the same 'problem' (it's a feature sometimes), all you need to do is to bind a hotkey to 'Lock mouse to primary monitor'.

Ultramon->options->hotkeys, it's right at the bottom.

You might want to set up a 4 or 5 pixel buffer as well. Works a treat.

Peace,
Zorg
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> "Locking" the 2nd monitor - Game in 1, apps in 2nd