Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Restore Icons from multiple logons
Eaton   2003-05-23 21:58
I have a few log on's when I use windows XP, 1 for me and 1 for someone else. When they log in and then I log back in, all my icons are jammed on one monitor. and I have to restore icons. (this is when I am logged in then the other person logs in also (that new multi use log in thig that XP does)

how do I get it to restore icons's everytime I go back to my use profile when it was currently active but in the background

thanks
eaton
ecarlson   2003-05-24 03:35
Try EzDesk. I know it works with two monitors to organize all your icons on one of the two monitors. It should work if icons are on both monitors. Let us know if it does the trick. It's great for storing your icon settings when you are installing new video drivers.

http://ezwaretech.home.attbi.com/

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Pulsar   2003-05-24 10:50
Well actually i had something i believe is similar.

I wanted the same icons on each monitor, so i just made doubles (with an extra space in the text underneath it because you can't have 2 same labeled icons on one dekstop) but every time i started my pc they were in a random bunch on the first monitor. Turned out it was actually ultramons function to remember where the icons are that was on and that had saved a wrong icon position. When i turned off that option everything was fixed.

Somehow i still have a problem with my icons though: whenever explorer (not IE, the windows explorer) crashes, some icons seem to randomly change spots with others. I have no idea why this happens, and why sometimes there's only 1 icons shifting place, and other times every icon on the desktop replaces itself.

Ultramon also seems to be unable to saves the icons in the exact spot, no matter what position i save them in, they always get in a bunch on the first screen, listed alfabetically if i use the preserve icon position function.

my multimonitorwallpaper gallery
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Restore Icons from multiple logons