Forums -> Multiple monitors -> onboard video
omer   2003-05-24 05:27
is there a way to get the onboard GeForce2 integrated GPU aboard an ASUS A7N266 motherboard to work in dual monitor? several PCI cards were tried unsuccesfully.
10x
Omer
ecarlson   2003-05-24 07:02
What happened (or didn't happen)? Did you set the PCI card as primary in BIOS setup? Did you check the database here for someone using a similar configuration?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Azon   2003-06-10 21:42
I cant get it to work either.

I have tried a Agp card, a pci card in al diffrent mods (primary, secondary)

Can you disable the onboard vga on the A7N266?

Cheers
zumran   2003-06-13 11:18
I have the same board and I do not have any problem running it in multimonitor environment.
I have onboard g2, nvidia riva tnt 32 meg and s3 savage4 16 meg cards in pci slots and using native winxp drivers.Work just fine. This motherboard automatically disable onboard vga if a agp card inserted in agp slot.It would not let you choose whether you want to initialize pci or agp card first. Agp card is always primary display.
Keith   2004-04-06 12:27
I'm also having the dual display problem with the A7n266-vm mother board. I have an AGP card and the onboard video card. The bios will let me choose which is the primary, but both won't run at the same time. They will however run idividually. Any ideas on how to get them to work at the same time?

Thanx
Keith
ecarlson   2004-04-06 13:28
It's not likely that the AGP card and onboard video will work at the same, assuming that the onboard video is also AGP based, because AGP is only desgined to run one video card at a time. In theory, a PCI card should work with the onboard video, but it's not a guarantee.

I'm currently using a totally different motherboard (ASUS TUSI-M), and am using the onboard video along with a PCI video card, but this particular board doesn't even have an AGP slot. If it did, I'd be using my GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP card, since it has dual-outs.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> onboard video