Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three Monitors But Only One Video Slot?????
Makr   2003-05-25 07:05
Is this possible to do? I haven't been able to find a video card to support three monitors. Do they exist? Anyone know where I can find one? How much money do they typically run?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
DS   2003-05-25 07:15
Matrox's parhelia supports three. There are other cards that support more I believe.
ecarlson   2003-05-25 07:29
Yes, Matrox has a few different cards that support more than two monitors. We're not talking cheap here though. They do make high quality cards, but at a high quality price.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Makr   2003-05-25 08:37
thx you guys. yeah, i was wondering if it were worth it to buck up for the card, or just wait until i get another with more than one slot. thx again.
Makr   2003-05-25 08:47
One more thing. I was checking out the Matrox homepage and saw the P750

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_pseries/p750.cfm

I'm relatively new to this, but does the triplehead display allow three flat screen monitors to be hooked up to my machine? I have three flat screens (not the older bubble screens), and not the flat panel monitors. will this work alright?

Thanks again for the help.
ecarlson   2003-05-25 14:34
It should work fine with 3 analog VGA monitors, but I thought the output for the 3rd analog VGA monitor was an add-on that didn't come with the card. You'd have to look into it more.

I think there might also be some limitations of what you can do on each monitor, but that is true for any setup. There are some reviews out. Give them a read.

ecarlson   2003-05-25 15:27
On the page you linked to, it shows all the possible configurations at the bottom. So it will work with 3 analog VGA monitors, but only two digital DVI LCD monitors. It will support one Digital DVI LCD screen along with two analog VGA monitors.

It sounds like you are using regular analog VGA CRT monitors, so 3 of those would work.

Brian H   2003-05-29 11:19
Another option is the card that I put into my box, which is the nVidia Quadro4 NVS 400. It will drive up to four monitors, each at medium-high resolutions (e.g. 1600x1200).

Although I have had some issues with windows not repainting correctly, the total resolution of my desktop is enough to keep me hooked on this card until a viable alternative arrives.

So far, the Matrox three-monitor solutions have always restrained the resolution to 1024x768 (in other words, relatively low) on each of the monitors.

I guess I may be in the minority here, but I went to multi-monitor because larger monitors were not available or affordable. But now that large monitors are cheap, going 3x or 4x 19" is very reasonable.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three Monitors But Only One Video Slot?????