Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Questions about using a Geforce Gts and Ati All-in-wonder
Wheeler   2000-12-28 21:57
I've been reading about every page of this site, and alot of the messages on the forum, and it just seems to confuse me more. I have a Elsa Gladiac Geforce Gts AGP and a Sony Monitor. For X-mas I got a ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI. I got this because I want to hook my camcorder to it and view and edit it on my computer. So my question is this: Can I get another monitor, install the ATI PCI, and still be using the Geforce AGP when playing games? The only time I want to use the ATI PCI is when I hook my cammcorder to it and maybe do some vidcapping from dvd's.
Thanks for the help
Wheeler

P3 700 Asus CUSL2 mobo. 128MB RAM
Christian Studer   2000-12-28 23:43
This should work fine, but only with Windows 2000.

The problem is that the ATI needs to be primary for the video/TV stuff to work, and the GeForce needs to be primary for games to use it. With Windows 2000, you can change the primary card on the fly, so you can set the GeForce as primary when you want to play games, and the ATI when you want to capture video. This doesn't work with Windows 98/Me, you will need to reboot and change the primary card in BIOS whenever you need to change the primary monitor.

With Windows 2000, the ATI card still needs to be primary in BIOS (boot from PCI), but once Windows is running you can set the primary card in Display Properties.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
ook   2001-01-09 06:39
I have a very similar setup which I am playing with today.

Geforce 2 GTS and All In Wonder 128 under Win2K

My problem with this setup is that if I use an app that needs D3D and then use an app that uses OpenGL I will always get a hard crash. (blue screen of death)

Does anyone know a solution to this?

-ook
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Questions about using a Geforce Gts and Ati All-in-wonder