Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Maximized windows in 1809 have enlarged custom title bar buttons
Daniel Beardsmore   2019-04-18 01:39
Having just been allowed Windows 10 version 1809 by Microsoft (!) I see that there is a strange bug in UltraMon (even after updating to 3.4.1).

In most applications, the custom window buttons that UltraMon adds, are huge when the window is maximised. They are the correct width, but they are taller than the title bar and menu bar combined (even in programs with no menu bar).

Not affected:

Outlook 2013
File Explorer
Paint

Just about everything else is affected, including:

Task Manager
Command Prompt
PuTTY
JujuEdit
FileZilla

Non-maximised windows are fine: the bug appears after maximising the window and clears when restoring the window.

It seems too obvious to be a general bug — is there anything I might have done to cause this?

(PS if you try to run 3.4.1 after updating from 3.4.0 without rebooting, all your windows get closed. Reboots are largely unnecessary but for some reason in UltraMon it is ... maybe it's due to an old DLL still being loaded)
Christian Studer   2019-04-18 23:55
What are your DPI settings for the different monitors? To check for this, go to UltraMon menu > Windows Display Properties, then for each monitor take a look at the Size of Text setting under Scale and Layout (this is in percent, for example 100%).

Regarding the reboot: you'll need to log off at least after upgrading, this is necessary due to the hooks installed by UltraMon in other applications.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Daniel Beardsmore   2019-04-22 23:45
I have no idea how you get to Windows display properties from the UltraMon menu (that was a wild goose chase) but … no, both screens are set to 100% scaling. They are just normal ~100 DPI displays, using default font and size. I am not aware of doing anything to the text presentation for windows.
Christian Studer   2019-04-24 01:35
A couple of other things you could check:

- are you using any compatibility settings for UltraMon.exe? To check this, go to the folder C:\Program Files\UltraMon, then right-click UltraMon.exe, select Properties from the menu, and take a look at the Compatibility tab

- under Start Menu > Settings > Ease of Access, is the text size changed, or is the high contrast option enabled?

Daniel Beardsmore   2019-04-24 04:55
Text size is at 100%, and there are no compatibility settings applied. Winaero Tweaker shows that the title bar size is 22, which it believes to be the default. I don’t recall ever tweaking the size of the text or the display DPI, and this all worked fine in 1803. It was only after updating to 1809 that this problem started.

It also only affects maximised windows, which have a thinner title bar in Windows 10. The calculation is correct for non-maximised windows, but when you maximise them, the UltraMon title bar button (I only added one) grows to around twice its normal height. Somehow the calculation for the title bar height is being misled.
Christian Studer   2019-04-25 13:15
Can you send me a screenshot showing the issue to support@realtimesoft.com?

Daniel Beardsmore   2019-04-26 00:24
Done.
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Maximized windows in 1809 have enlarged custom title bar buttons