Forums -> UltraMon™ -> 184 Fatal Error WallpaperUtil.cpp
Chris   2019-10-01 11:07
Hello,

Context :

I currently run 2 computers. One controls 3 monitors the other controls 2. They both use the Script : UltraMonWallpaperAutoChanger2, to change the wallpaper.

The images used in the folder are changed from time to time. Though the name of the primary image that was used to create the link to the folder never changes (the image does). Both computers use the same images in the same folder on a server.

Both computers are running on windows 10

Issue :

One of the computer works the other does not. In the past the one that doesn't work used to work.

Specific Error :

Version 3.4.1
Line : 184
Source File : WallpaperUtil.cpp
Return Value :-2147467259

If anyone has an idea on how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated. I read the forum and found others with the same error. The issue seemed different though.

Thanks
Chris
Christian Studer   2019-10-03 03:39
Does this happen each time the wallpaper gets changed, or only occasionally?

The error you get means that UltraMon failed to save the wallpaper bitmap created from the wallpaper images, after trying a couple of times.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Chris   2019-10-08 04:50
It happens randomly twice per day. The computer reboots every morning. Once I click on ok (on the error) the program restarts without any issues till it crashes again and I need to reclick on ok and the cycle continues. Since this monitor and computer is in a remote location I cannot actively click on ok when it happens.

Do you know if there is a way to fix this?

Thanks
Chris
Christian Studer   2019-10-09 04:10
If you're interested I could create a test version of UltraMonDesktop.exe which collects additional information about the error you get, maybe this will help determine what's going on.

What's odd is that you have the issue even though UltraMon tries this up to 30 times (with a one second pause between each try). This was added to work around a similar issue if UltraMon tries updating the wallpaper while the display configuration gets changed.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> 184 Fatal Error WallpaperUtil.cpp