Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Desktop icon restore issue
Preben   2020-05-24 05:41
Hi

Lately, restore desktop icons has not been stable on my PC, and i had to rearange them several times, maybe the settings were not saved correctly?

I have used UltraMon for years, i'm working in different locations, and with different monitor setups, and for this, UltraMon is just the best!.

Preben Hedegaard
WelcroSoft
Christian Studer   2020-05-24 10:56
By default UltraMon saves icon positions during shutdown, maybe that's what causes the problem. To disable this go to UltraMon Options > General and uncheck 'preserve position of desktop icons'. You can still save/restore icon positions manually via UltraMon menu > Desktop Icons.

If you want to back up saved icon positions run regedit.exe, then right-click the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon Components\Saved Positions\Icons' and select Export from the menu.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Preben   2020-05-26 02:51
1. Looks like the problem is related to connecting/disconnecting an third monitor, while the PC is running, when connecting a monitor (with Mini DP) the icons moves around > when reconnecting it, they stay messy > restore positions moves them back.
2. Sometimes when putting the PC in sleep/hibernation and back on, restore positions is not working and the icons stay messy
not really sure whats up or down her, could it be the case, that icon positions are not stored, when sleep og hibernation is used?

Preben Hedegaard
WelcroSoft
Christian Studer   2020-05-28 00:22
1) usually Windows handles this, UltraMon won't automatically restore icon positions in response to display configuration changes.

2) is the display configuration still the same when you resume from sleep (monitor arrangement, resolution, etc)?

Preben   2020-06-05 04:06
1) It looks like windows is handling this bad, and changed icon locations are not stored, as icons are always messed up the same way, in some odd default setting.

2) settings are the same after sleepmode, but monitor #3 is a TV, and that means that it is not powered up at the same time as monitor #1 and #2, it's powered manually by it's remote, and sometimes icons move around, when i do this, but not always...
Christian Studer   2020-06-09 14:56
Do you have any icons on the TV, or are they all on monitors 1 and 2?

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Desktop icon restore issue