Forums -> Multiple monitors -> agp + pci
chris sweet   2003-06-03 09:35
is it possible to run multi video with one agp 64mb card and one 8mb pci card running win 2000?
ecarlson   2003-06-03 10:35
Absolutely, that's just about how I have it set up at work. Of course, it doesn't work with all video cards, but most work. Often, you will have to set the PCI card to be the primary card in your CMOS settings, then in Windows, you can choose either card as primary.

Look for your particular combo in the database to see if other people have had success with the specific card combo you have.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
chris sweet   2003-06-05 16:53
When i set my vga boot to pci and plug the monitor in i just hear a series of beeps and no video.Does this mean my card is broken? or is it not compatable or did i not do something maybe in bios?pls help!

-thanks

( im still a multimonitor noob!)
ecarlson   2003-06-06 13:21
It could mean lots of things. First, make sure all the cards are seated properly. That seems to be the biggest cause.

Also, try removing the AGP card to see if the PCI card works, and if there is still a problem, try the card in another computer.

Daniel   2003-06-07 12:23
and dont put the PCI card in directly under the AGP slot, skip a slot, sometimes can mean the difference between a working system and not
ecarlson   2003-06-07 13:10
Daniel: Thanks for the tip. I didn't know to keep the PCI and AGP cards apart. Is it because of the heat, or the signal interference?

I always try to space my cards apart due to heat concerns, but that only works if you have extra slots.

Daniel   2003-06-08 23:04
think its because the agp slot and first pci slot usually IRQ conflict?, I had 3 different pci cards that wouldnt work with my AGP card in that slot so its somthing to try, Im running xp though, but have heard alot of people mention that moving the card down a slot can help with a few different operating systems
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> agp + pci