Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Mouse window sticking
Sal   2020-11-16 10:48
Can I control how the mouse moves between windows? I have four monitors and when I move the mouse from one to another the mouse briefly sticks to the current monitor until i pull it back and more forcefully "break the barrier" to the other monitor. I just got a newer higher quality mouse and it seems the "barrier" is stronger. Can I control this or even get rid of it?
Thanks

S
Christian Studer   2020-11-16 13:25
Do you have any software installed which does this? Normally the mouse should move smoothly between monitors.

Something else you could check: are the 4 monitors properly aligned at the top or bottom? You can check this under Display Properties. If they aren't, for example one monitor is positioned a bit higher or lower than the others, you'll hit a barrier when moving the mouse between monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Sal   2020-11-16 17:56
Hi thanks for getting back to me.
Oh ok I thought it was a feature.
So I have four 24" mons arranged in a big rectangle so no weird setups. Yes the displays are aligned as close as possible but I tried messing around with them some more and it looks like using the arrow keys to move them might have closed any gaps, I usually use the mouse only. It looks like that did it. Wow, that's a finicky feature of windows. Thanks for the tip!

S
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Mouse window sticking