Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Mirroring part of desktop with MS Surface
Thomas   2020-12-10 02:12
Hi,
I have a surface from Microsoft an want to mirror a part of the desktop. But I can't do a rightclick on my touchpad when I pull out the crosshair with a leftclick. Is there a solution how to manage this? Or can I swap the rightclick to use e.g. the CTRL-key?
Is there also a possibility to open the clone-dialogue where I have to pull the crosshair with a hotkey-combination?

Thx in advice

Thomas
Christian Studer   2020-12-10 15:06
There's no alternative interface to do this, what you could do is set this directly in the registry: run regedit.exe, then under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>\Mirroring\Desktop set the Area value. This is the left,top,right,bottom coordinates, you can see the coordinates for each monitor under UltraMon menu > About.

For example if your primary monitor has coordinates 0,0 - 1280,1024 and you want to mirror the top-left quarter of the screen, you would set Area to 0,0,640,512.

There's no way to get directly to the desktop area selection screen, but you could run UMMirrorClient.exe from folder C:\Program Files\UltraMon to go directly to the mirroring settings start screen.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Thomas   2020-12-11 14:31
Thx for your reply. So perhaps it is a feature to build in for the next version.

Best regards
Christian Studer   2020-12-12 04:29
Do you frequently need to change the area which gets mirrored, and also while mirroring is active?

Thomas   2020-12-12 07:53
Yes, because I have different regions in the applications in my IT lessons on which I have the focus of explaining.

But without a mouse, just with the touchpad of the surface typecover it is not possible to use this feature. So I have to use another tool like ZoomIt.
Christian Studer   2020-12-13 15:20
I'll consider that for a future release.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Mirroring part of desktop with MS Surface