Forums -> UltraMon™ -> When certain apps open, mouse locked to upper left of screen
Aaron   2021-01-04 13:49
Hello, I feel I need to explain my use case scenario as it's likely not typical.

I am currently using UltraMon to ignore and block off a second monitor, as I am passing video to a 4k TV, and audio via DP 1.2 to an AV receiver (I don't have a way around this setup without replacing the receiver, and this is not an option for me).

In order for sound to be passed to the receiver (Dobly TrueHD, Atmos, DTS-MA specifically), I need to have the monitor resolution set to UHD, setting it smaller disables these for some reason.

Now here to the issue. This only seems to happen with select programs (QBittorrent and windows Sound Device Manager so far). When these programs are open, I can only move my mouse in the upper right quadrant of my monitor, when I minimize them or close them, the issue goes away.

I'm currently using the trial, but would like to resolve this as it's my only real issue with the software solution, but it's a pretty big issue.
Christian Studer   2021-01-04 14:11
This happens with some applications (also Microsoft Edge) if DPI scaling is used (text size is larger than 100%).

A patch is available for this issue. First make sure you have the latest version of UltraMon installed, 3.4.1, then download patch_UltraMonIndDispHook.dll_2.7.4_x32_1.zip and patch_UltraMonIndDispHook.dll_2.7.4_x64_1.zip.

Now close UltraMon via UltraMon menu > Close, then copy UltraMonIndDispHook.dll from patch_UltraMonIndDispHook.dll_2.7.4_x32_1.zip to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Realtime Soft\UltraMonIndDisp\x32, and UltraMonIndDispHook.dll from patch_UltraMonIndDispHook.dll_2.7.4_x64_1.zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Realtime Soft\UltraMonIndDisp\x64.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Aaron   2021-01-04 16:43
Ok, so first off, I want to give you my thanks for such a timely reply. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate that.

I downloaded both patches and extracted them into the folders as instructed (had to use unlocker assistant for the x64 version of the dll, since it was used by creative cloud and another process even after being closed for some reason).

Restarted the program and it seems to be working great.

Next time you hear from my email address, it will be in requesting a full version key, you have definitely earned my business.

Thank you so much.
David   2023-04-05 16:26
Brilliance!! I thank you.
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> When certain apps open, mouse locked to upper left of screen