Forums -> UltraMon™ -> 0.5 sec lag in the mirrored second screen
Jim   2021-04-02 01:16
testing the latest version of Ultramon on WIn7 64 bit.

On the second monitor, the horizontally flipped image lags by 0.5 second.

Is there a setting so there is no lag at all so everything is instantaneous like the first screen?

thanks in advance
Christian Studer   2021-04-02 14:10
You can change the screen update rate on the last page of the mirroring settings wizard, by default the mirror monitor only gets updated 5 times per second.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jim   2021-04-03 09:47
Thanks for your reply.
I already set it to fastest refresh rate and still getting a slight lag.
Trying to game on the mirrored screen...
Christian Studer   2021-04-05 13:26
Is performance better if you don't have a game running? For example with something like a browser or Microsoft Word?

Jim   2021-04-08 21:49
Even with a browser,there is a slight lag. For browsing,the lag isn't a huge issue. Wanted to play a games
Jim   2021-04-08 22:08
I am running a two monitor setup. Trying to play a fighting game like Street Fighter 2 but in the second screen I would like to see the flipped image. I'm now running a game on one monitor and a browser on the second.
Even with using a browser and moving the mouse,the flipped image has a slight lag. I'm not running a game with a browser . sorry for the confusion.
Christian Studer   2021-04-09 14:05
With 30 fps I think I'm seeing a slight lag on my system when scrolling in the browser, but for example when I'm typing in an app there doesn't seem to be any noticeable delay.

Not sure if that's what you're seeing as well. In general I've seen better performance with mirroring on Windows 10 (and with recent video cards), difficult to say if this would make a difference for you.

Jim   2021-04-23 11:21
Thanks for you suggestions.
Windows,any versions,won't do a true mirror like Ultramon. Windows "mirror" screen is actually a clone screen. There are hardware solutions but didn't want to get another piece of hardware...t4ying to keep it simple as possible.
Ultramon is great for general purpose, but for gaming that slight lag makes it an issue.
Thanks again.
Nic   2021-05-16 08:17
To OP: I use the mirrored reverse image function to see Zoom/Teams video chat participants through a teleprompter Mirror device to be able to maintain eye contact. Just curious why you would want that functionality for game play.
Gianlorenzo   2023-09-12 03:37
Dears,

I'm also interested in why limit 30 updates for a second. Is it possible to hard code and bypass this limit?
Christian Studer   2023-09-13 04:51
Not via the user interface, but you can set this in the registry. To do this run regedit.exe, then go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>\Mirroring\Monitor\Options and change the ScreenUpdateRate setting.

This is if you're mirroring the whole monitor, if you're mirroring a single application only you would need to change the setting under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>\Mirroring\App\Options.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> 0.5 sec lag in the mirrored second screen