Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Prefered vendor, prefered hardware, dream system
Nick Gosey   2003-06-04 19:51
I was just curious as to where do you folks buy your hardware most often?

I also wondered what you prefer for multimon setup, videocard-wise, and what setup would you LOVE to have, monitors, cards, positioning.
ecarlson   2003-06-05 09:48
I buy my hardware wherever I can find it cheapest, which usually means on-sale at CompUSA, CircuitCity, BestBuy, Staples, or OfficeDepot. Or at Sams Club, Costco or BJ's.

I have ordered some computer components from www.NewEgg.com and they delivered very quickly.

I usually go for best bang for the buck, so there's nothing top of the line here, unless you count my Western Digital Special Edition 8.Meg cache hard drives (80.Gig & 120.Gig).

I like to check www.SalesCircular.com and www.BensBargains.net and a few other sites for deals.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Barton   2003-06-05 12:14
Googlegear.com for all your components. I have bought form them for the past 2 years. Excellent ratings on ResellerRatings.com, usually free 2nd day shipping on most items and some of the best prices on the net.
Ed   2003-06-05 17:35
I'll second Barton, but besides googlegear I also look at http://www.computergate.com Usually there is not much of a difference in final cost, but I got good deals there in the past.

I also check Amazon and Buy.com -- prices are sometimes competitive and the return policies are pretty liberal. I also like to support them. Actually I buy from those two most often and from googlegear when I build a new computer.

I also like streetprices.com and dealtime.com but if the difference is just a few dollars I go with Amazon and Buy.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Prefered vendor, prefered hardware, dream system