Forums -> UltraMon™ -> How to redirect display from one display to another without using a mouse
Ken G   2021-09-20 10:06
Hello,

I have a very unique situation. I have a large desktop monitor and six 3.5 inch mini displays (the mini displays are used to pre-position presentations to be later pulled over to a large conference room with multiple large screens. The process of pulling the input source from the mini displays over to the conference room is another capability and totally unrelated to Ultramon).

My problem is after I send an opened window to one of the 3.5 inch mini displays it is very difficult to bring it back over to the large desktop display (to make edits, etc) because I have to move the mouse cursor to that mini display (hard to see) to reposition using the Ultramon icon.

Question is - How can I bring the presentation from the mini display back to the larger desktop monitor without having to use the mouse? Are there some alt+ctrl # options, or a cancel display option?

Ken G
Christian Studer   2021-09-20 14:10
Two things you could do:

- disable secondary taskbars so that all tasks are shown on the main monitor's taskbar, then right-click the task preview of the app and select the Move to Monitor menu command, or press SHIFT when right-clicking the task button to get to the same menu.

- use ALT+TAB to activate the app you want to move, then use the 'Move window to primary monitor' hotkey (UltraMon Options > Hotkeys) to move it to the primary monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Ken G   2021-11-19 05:57
Thank you Christian!
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> How to redirect display from one display to another without using a mouse