Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Ultramon hotkey function improvement request
Kim Myung Soo   2022-02-12 20:38
Nowadays, there is a trend to use a wide monitor instead of a dual monitor.

In Microsoft Windows, Win + →, Win + ← shortcut keys can be used to implement functions such as dual monitors.

However, We have to release our hand from the mouse while working on this shortcut keys to execute it. (We cannot press Win + →, Win + ← with one hand.)

I would like to be able to add a shortcut that has the same function as Win + →, Win + ← to the hotkeys item in Ultramon Options.
Christian Studer   2022-02-13 15:44
You could do this with the FitLeftHalf and FitRightHalf scripts, let me know if you have any questions about setting this up.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Kim Myung Soo   2022-02-15 03:48
I would like to know how I can do the FitLeftHalf and FitRightHalf scripts you mentioned.
Christian Studer   2022-02-16 09:51
To set this up, save the scripts to a folder of your choice, then go to UltraMon Options > Hotkeys, create a new 'Run application or script' hotkey, then enter the key combination you want to use in the first field, and select the script you want to run via the Browse button.

Kim Myung Soo   2022-02-21 04:29
I understood how to do VBS files and tried to apply it to UltraMon.

However, when I run the script, it does not apply exactly to the left and right halves of my laptop monitor.

It seems that the script command needs to be modified. (FitLeftHalf.vbs, FitRightHalf.vbs)

I want the active window to be split in half exactly, but it doesn't.
Christian Studer   2022-02-21 13:39
This can happen if you're using display scaling (the size of text setting for one or more monitors isn't set to 100% under Windows Display Properties).

Fixing this is a bit complicated, you'll need to create a copy of the script processor, wscript.exe, and configure it to ignore display scaling:

- copy wscript.exe from C:\Windows\System32 to a folder of your choice

- right-click the copied file and select Properties from the menu, then select the Compatibility tab

- click on 'Change high DPI settings', then under 'High DPI scaling override' check the option 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' and set it to scaling performed by Application

- now go to UltraMon Options > Hotkeys, edit the hotkey you created and add the path and name of the copied wscript.exe in front of the script you want to run, for example:

"C:\Temp\wscript.exe" "C:\Temp\FitRightHalf.vbs"

Kim Myung Soo   2022-02-21 17:16
Thanks for your kind reply.
Reading the forum posts, I knew that a new version would be released later this year.

Nowadays, many people use a wide monitor a lot.
With a function similar to 'Move window to next monitor'
I would like to add the 'Move window to half monitor' function.
This splits the active window in half of the wide monitor, so we can easily apply left and right splits with one hotkey.
Kim Myung Soo   2022-02-21 17:24
For example
If I register 'Alt + Space' as a shortcut
When I press the shortcut key once, the window is split in the left half of the monitor, and when I press the shortcut again, the window is split in the right half of the monitor.
Christian Studer   2022-02-22 14:06
You could do this with one of the VMonMoveWnd scripts, let me know if you have any questions about configuring the script.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Ultramon hotkey function improvement request