Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ELSA SYNERGY III DUAL HEAD
GREG NOSS   2000-12-30 20:22
IS ANYONE USING THE ELSA SYNERGYIII DUAL HEAD CARDS YET? I'M RUNNING DUAL 19" @ 1600 X 1200 16M COLORS UNDER WINDOWS 2K, ON BOTH MONITORS USING A 3DLABS VX1 AGP AND A VIPER 550 PCI. THIS COMBO WORKS GREAT EXCEPT I HAVE NO OPEN-GL. I DO 3D AND REALLY NEED THE OPEN-GL BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND AN ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION SUB $1000.00. I WANT TO KNOW IF THAT CARD WILL WORK AT THAT RES WITH HARDWARE OPEN-GL.

DOES THAT NVIDIA 6.18 DRIVER REALLY SUPPORT DUAL OPEN-GL. IF IT DOES CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND A GOOD AGP TNT REPLACEMENT FOR MY VX1.

THANKS, THIS FORUM HAS SAVED ME FROM WASTING A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY.
EZToms   2001-01-01 19:17
Hi,

First of all, don't talk in CAPS, we can read without ;)

I personnaly have a geforce 2 mx twinview from asus and i believe it behaves the same way as a synergy III. You are using win2k, and as you may know, dualhead cards aren't nicely handled by win2k, but it can help you also.
On my geforceIImx, i can't go more than 1280x1024 on each screen. I found it sufficient, especialy if you plan to use OpenGL and wanna keep descent speed.
In win2k, the twincards cards are recognised as a single desktop and a single monitor. This allows to have OpenGL on both heads for example. I'm not sure it would work if the card was properly recognised as in win98.
For the drivers, you need very recent drivers, since twinview is kinda new and is still in developpement.

I don't know if you were aware but geforce cards can be converted to quaddro cards, but you need some PCB soldering experience. It can be done on a geforce2mx to get a quadro2mx

EZToms
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ELSA SYNERGY III DUAL HEAD