Forums -> UltraMon™ -> There is no "Move button" in the title bar for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
ssinfod   2022-12-15 14:32
Hello,

For some reasons, the "Move Window button" does not show in the title bar for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. (it does not show beside the Minimize button)

Do you have any idea why the "Move Window button" does not appear for this specifc software ?

I don't think I did something special for this software.
Christian Studer   2022-12-15 16:03
The first thing I would try is to configure settings for Acrobat Reader via UltraMon Options > Compatibility, then check the option 'use alternative method to add window buttons'.

If that doesn't fix the issue, go to Acrobat Reader preferences, then under Security (Enhanced) uncheck the option 'Enable Protected Mode at startup'.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ssinfod   2022-12-17 21:15
Yes, the 'use alternative method to add window buttons' resolved the problem.

Any idea why Adobe Reader has this odd behavior ?
Christian Studer   2022-12-18 15:48
It's related to Acrobat's protected mode feature, with the alternative window buttons option the window buttons are handled by the main UltraMon process instead of the application, which fixes the issue, at least with current versions, previously you had to disable protected mode.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> There is no "Move button" in the title bar for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC