I have an issue with playing video clips

My Specs
GeForce4 MMX 440 - dual VGA output
ASUS A7N8X MoBo
AMD XP 2800+
Dual 17" Realsync LCD
2x 80Gb SATA
1Gb RAM PC3200

My issue is that when I play a video clip in either Windows Media Plaer 9 or Real Player (latest version, non-free player), the player is open on one LCD, and the same clip is shown full screen on the other. I do not know how to disable this, so that the video clip only plays in the respective player.

I have exhausted all of the nvidia settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

John Calian
Christian Studer   2003-06-20 07:54
You'll need to disable video mirroring.

The setting is under Display Properties > Advanced > Nvidia > Overlay Controls > Full Screen Video Mirroring.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
SideShowJohn   2003-06-23 06:08
Thanks, I figured this out as well

For those interested:

The issue is with the latest NVidia drivers: by default there is a 'Video Mirroring' setting enabled.

After digging deep into the settings for the driver software, I eventaully came across the place to disable this functionality:

Right click from your desktop to display the properties menu and then click Properties > Settings > Advanced > the NVIDIA GPU tab > Overlay Controls option from the Media center menu.

THe first drop down gives you the ability to 'disable' this functionality.

This PDF has it all (the instructions are very detailed)
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/lo/3041/...Guide_44.03.pdf

note: right click and save to harddrive

What a pain in the ass, and I say this because I've run dual monitors with the mmx 440 for over a year, and obviously never had this *problem*.

My 2 cents: Though I can see the value in blowing up video on one of your two (or three) displays, the setting should be disabled on default.

Anyhoo, thanks for the suggestions and for creating a place to figure this sh!t out.

SideShow
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> video clips error - gf4 mmx 440 w/ dual LCDs