Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Granularity issues with several displays?
Dave   2001-01-08 23:24
Hey all,
I'm looking at a problem with 3 displays or more. It seems the granularity ( steps to adjust monitor coodinates )declines with the amount of displays attatched. So, say I have 3 displays, the first 2 are fine at 00, 1280, and 1024, 00. But the next display will be at 2048, -16. If you move the last display it will step ( sometimes ) by 32 so the best you can do is either 16 or -16 and the diplays will not line up perfectly. We even manually set the registry with the proper coordinates and the display properties reset the registry so that they did not line up again. This mostly happens with higher resolutions. Testing is ongoing here but managing 6 displays ( our initial setup ) has hindered the testing process and turned it into a little nightmare.
My question: Has anyone seen these issues before and know of any more information?
Thanks!
Christian Studer   2001-01-09 06:48
I've heard of this before, from a user with a 9-monitor system. I have a little utility that lets you set monitor positions numerically, for up to 18 monitors. Download it here.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Granularity issues with several displays?