Forums -> Multiple monitors -> OpenGl application on secondary heads doesnt work in G450
Ailan   2003-06-23 19:25
Hello,
i have a system with 2 display card.The first one is Matrox G450 dualhead and another one is Matrox G450 dualhead DVI.Altogether i have 4 monitors, 2 (one primary head and one secondary head) for each card.
i am trying to run a simple opengl application like creating a window and drawing a triangle on it.
If i select primary display of the first display card using "use this device as the primary monitor" in display properties and run the opengl application, it works fine. However if i select the secondary monitor and run the test,the window is created but the image is not drawn properly. The image looks like its been scracted all over without any trace of the actual image to be shown. This behaviour occurs in both secondary heads when both are selected.
However i did find something.If i create the window size same as the screen resolution, opengl application works fine for the first secondary monitor only, but not for the second secondary monitor.The screen resolution is 1024* 768.
However if i disable hardware acceleration in both secondary heads, opengl application runs well in 4 monitors.
Can someone tell me why this happens?
regards,
Ailan.
Christian Studer   2003-06-25 00:51
On most systems you'll only get OpenGL acceleration on the primary monitor (not necessarily the one which is primary in Windows, could also be the BIOS primary).

Exceptions are Nvidia, which supports OpenGL acceleration across multiple Nvidia cards, and 3Dlabs which supports acceleration across both heads of a dualhead card.

With the Matrox card you could use stretched mode to get acceleration on both heads of a single card.

See the OpenGL FAQ for more on this.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> OpenGl application on secondary heads doesnt work in G450