Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Full-screen (eg. game) + Desktop (eg. norm webbrowsing)?
Neil   2003-06-25 19:41
Is it possible to run something full screen on one monitor (for example a full screen game like counterstrike), and have windows desktop on the other monitor for web-browsing or chatting on msn? And if so how would you chose which monitor the keyboard and mouse are controlling?
Thanks for help :D

--Neil.
Plan B   2003-06-25 21:43
dual- or multimonitoring changes nothing on the behavior of windows...

that means: the mouse and the keyboard are always focused on the application/game you currently work with...

that means you can have a game or an app on the primary monitor running you must SWITCH to the other application you want to use. which means that you lose focus on the programm on the primary...

its exactly the same thing when you only have one monitor, you cant surf the web and simultaneously send a message via icq or messenger...

its as simple as that

greetz

plan b
Neil   2003-06-25 23:44
Some people think otherwise.
They say you can have a full screen game up on one screen, and message someone on the other screen with say msn.
My question would be how do you chose which monitor is being controlled my mouse/keyboard?

--Neil.
ecarlson   2003-06-26 13:38
ALT-TAB

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
mindabsence   2003-07-16 04:25
In the case of dual monitors to get the mouse over to the other screen you simply drag it until it gets to the edge of one screen then it will hop on the other. Same with the keyboard just click in the window you want to type in and start typing just like one long desktop.

Hope that helps!
Tim   2003-07-19 20:10
Hi Guys,

This is my first post, so forgive me if i'm being dumb (and sorry if I am highjacking the thread, but I think its kind of the same subject), but i have just bought a Samsung 17" WideScreen TFT, which i will use for watching a lot of movies etc. I am planning on building a pretty high spec PC in the next week (XP3000+, 1GB Corsair DDR, 2 x 120GB SATA HD, Asus FX5200 Dual DVI Graphics Card and so on...), and whilst

I chose the Widescreen Monitor so I can use a widescreen desktop to multitask, and for watching Widescreen Movies, the monitors maxium resolution is only 1024 vertically, so obviously out of the window goes using this monitor in anything close to 1600. If I was to buy a 19" DVI TFT, is there any way, or any software which can be used to basically use one PC, but with Two monitors acting as virtually different systems. The CPU would be able to handle it as its fast enough, but basically I would want to be able to watch a DVD on the widescreen monitor, and be able to chat on Messanger etc on the other, using different keyboards and mouse to control the two monitors. Is this at all possible?

Thanks

Tim
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Full-screen (eg. game) + Desktop (eg. norm webbrowsing)?