Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary display switching with Radeon 7500 Dual Display?
Trevis   2003-06-26 03:38
Will UltraMon allow either monitor to be primary with the ATI Radeon 7500? I just installed one last night and cant get Monitor 2 to be primary in the windows control panel. Will Ultramon allow me to get around that, or is it simply not possible with the Radeon 7500 (It works with the 9600 Pro, I can make either monitor primary, but that card wont let me use the video timings that I need for my DLP projector. The 7500 gives me the resolution modes that I want but it will only let me have the DVI port be primary!)
Christian Studer   2003-06-26 08:50
UltraMon won't help with this, the option to change the primary monitor will be disabled as well.

This seems to be a driver issue, installing the latest drivers might be worth a try.

The problem is that the driver tells Windows that the second display is 'removable', and Windows won't allow removable displays to be used as primary.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary display switching with Radeon 7500 Dual Display?