Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual monitor help
Icebreaker9   2003-06-27 16:34
I have a sony vaio with a silicon integrated systems graphics card (rents are to cheap to fork out the cash for a real one) and i also have an old ibm clone, i took the graphics card that has the monitor plug in out of that and the monitor and installed it on this computer, when it booted up it started the second monitor and says that the integrated card cannot start, is there anyway to fix this or do i just need to get a new card? thanks for any help u can give
dderolph   2003-07-09 07:12
I new at the multiple monitor stuff, but I believe your problem is really not simply a multiple monitor issue; the issue is the way you setup up the video card. As I understand your situation, you installed the card in a computer with onboard video, and that's the only card installed. If so, you probably need to go into your BIOS setup and disable the onboard video. Many motherboards require disabling of onboard video, once a video card is installed.

And, to use dual monitors, you'll need two video cards, since onboard video is disabled.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual monitor help