Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Please help me to choose what i should do with my video cards!
hypersonic_gr   2003-06-30 10:36
Hello everyone!
I have a multi-monitor system with 2 monitors, and i want your help!
I had a Geforce 3 Ti 500 (agp) and a Geforce 2 (pci) card for my monitors!
Today i got my new video card! Msi Geforce 4 Ti4800SE! I sold Geforce 3 ti 500, but i kept the pci card because i have a question!

Which is the best solution? The two monitors on my Geforce 4 Ti 4800SE (dualhead), OR the first monitor on the Geforce 4 Ti 4800se and the second on the Pci card???
I know that both solutions work just fine, but i would like to know which situation will give me the best results!
Thank You!

Athlon Xp 2100+, Asus A7N8X Deluxe, 512 Mb Kingston 333 Mhz, 60 Gb Maxtor, Pinnacle pctv pro, cd-rom, cd-rw, etc...
ecarlson   2003-06-30 11:12
I'd say you will probably get best results with both monitors on the new AGP card. Maybe you can keep the PCI card for a third monitor.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
hypersonic_gr   2003-06-30 11:38
Thanks for your answer!
But i would like to ask something more!
If i connect both monitors on my Geforce 4 Ti 4800 se card, is there any possibility to bring down the performance of my card???
Thanks again
ecarlson   2003-06-30 12:05
I'm not sure. If you want to do anything high performance that included both monitors at the same time, then they'll have to have both on the new card, but if you only need high performance on one monitor, then I guess you could use the PCI card for the second monitor.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
wedge   2003-07-07 00:18
ecarlson, you are correct. Basically run the card with two monitors until you notice a lag in performance. At this time, if you still require both monitors to run at the same high performance, then you will need to buy a second card of equal capacity (if you can find a pci one) or upgrade the card.

However as ecarlson says, if you don't need the high performance on the 2nd monitor, chuck it on the pci card to give some clock cycles back to the gpu for use with the application that is lagging in performance on the primary monitor

Wedge
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Please help me to choose what i should do with my video cards!