Forums -> Multiple monitors -> aol onto multiple monitors
Gary   2003-07-03 16:14
I have multiple monitors running on a nvidia Gforce ti4200 , win XP pro, and aol will NOT expand beyond the primary monitor. WHY?? Other programs such as spreadsheets do. Please help.

gary
Phat Flava Fred   2003-07-06 15:43
Well upon reading your post, i'd really have to say that the primary reason that AOL with not work well on Dual Monitors is, simply, that AOL is GAY. Who uses that gay crap anymore anyway. AOL sucks.
Gary   2003-07-09 17:35
........aside from that , How do I get AOL to expand across all the monitors?

gary
wildfire   2003-07-11 22:51
maybe this might help...

check the top right corner of the AOL window and look where you see the "x" to close the window and where you see the "_" to minimize the window. in between those two buttons there should be another button. if in that button you see two small windows then click it and it should turn into just one big window. you can now move it around. move it to your left-most monitor and go to the right of the window and try to stretch the window horizontally into the next monitor. sorry if you already tried that. i don't have any other thing for you to try but maybe make sure that your desktop is "extended" onto the other monitor. i odn't know if you already know that too lol. just give it a try.
Gary   2003-07-14 14:53
I have tried that. It does not work. That will only expand AOL to one monitor. Other applications will expand across all of the monitors. Help??
Barton   2003-07-14 22:28
I think the key lies in your last statement. "Other applications will expand across all of the monitors." Sounds to me like the problems lies within AOL. Try calling their customer service for assistance (yeah right) and see if they can offer a solution. You also might want to try upgrading or downgrading to a different version. Maybe one of those versions will act like a normal program (not likely).

I would recommend getting rid of AOL. Besides infecting your PC with megabytes of unnecessary garbage, it's nothing more than a portal to the internet. You can get to the internet without having to rely on something like AOL. If AOL-IM is you reason for keeping it, get a IM program like Trillian. You can still communicate with your AOL "buddies" without them knowing you dumped AOL.
Gary   2003-08-06 16:24
Still trying to get AOL to expand across all the monitors.............. HELP

Big G
Mindabsence   2003-08-25 10:24
One word TRILLIAN
Gary   2003-09-15 16:13
how about a couple more words.... trillian???

Big G
Barton   2003-09-15 21:30
Yes, Trillian. I also mentioned this in my post from 7/15.

If you go into Google and search for "trillian" (without the quotes), you will find your answer. It's kind of like "MAGIC!"
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> aol onto multiple monitors