Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ICQ
Heinrich   2003-07-04 02:18
Anyone have any luck getting ICQ over onto the secondary monitor? ATI's Hydravision doesn't work either. Very frustrating.
ecarlson   2003-07-04 04:36
Get Trillian.

I use the free version of the Trillian messaging client, which Connects to ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and IRC, and works fine on my second monitor.

Get it at http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Heinrich   2003-07-04 06:47
Thanks for the recommendation. The idea of having *1* program for all is very appealing. And the program does not seem to be as bloated as ICQ. Unfortunately, though, the program acts just like ICQ in regards to my second monitor. There are no icons on the top of the window to send the program to the second monitor. I know this function is working because I see those icons in Opera right now. And when I try to move the program to the second monitor it just docks to the side of the window - exactly like ICQ. I am using Trillian 0.74 and a trial version of multimon 2.1.
Christian Studer   2003-07-04 07:01
You'll need to disable docking for the contact list, see the FAQ for details.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Heinrich   2003-07-04 08:15
Thanks that works very well.
ecarlson   2003-07-04 10:35
I don't have Trillian docked, and I can drag it to either monitor with no problems. I'm not using UltraMon, because NVidia's NView does everything I need.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ICQ