Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with VB and multiple monitors
James T'seleie   2001-01-22 05:57
I have been trying to create and advertising application in which a webbrowser control is placed on a second monitor, and this control then displays contents such as AVI's, flash, etc. I have tried this with 2 different video cards, a GeForce2 MX with dual monitor support and a Matrox G400. The problem I am encountering is that after I leave this running for a couple of days, I get an Invalid Page Fault on the GeForce2 MX. I would like to be able to leave this running indefinitely. I am using the classes provided by microsoft for multiple monitor support in order to be able to show my advertising. If anyone knows why I might be getting this IPF, or how I could fix it, I would really appreciate the information.

Thanks,
James T'seleie
Christian Studer   2001-01-22 06:58
It is almost certainly a video driver problem, I'm having problems with video and my Nvidia cards as well, such as lockups after playing videos for 20-30 minutes.

What kind of problems did you have with the G400?

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
James T'seleie   2001-01-22 07:38
The problem I was having with the matrox was actually in an associated application which was also running advertising. It would cause an error in GDI.exe I'm pretty lost as far as fixing the problems goes though. thanks for you help, I really appreciate it.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with VB and multiple monitors