Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitor issue with PNY Quadro4 400 NVS
Aalex   2003-07-12 15:55
After weeks of searching for an answer to this question including reading manuals through numerous times, searching the web and sending numerous emails (to PNY support among others) I thought some of you guys and gals may have an answer to this quesiton. Bear with me while I try to explain. I am new to the world of "many monitors".

Have just bought a PNY Quadro4 400 NVS (which has 2 x Quadro4 GPU's). For the forseable future it will only be driving 2 monitors (a Sony 19" CRT and a Mag 17" CRT).

Here are pictures and card specs:
href="http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=P56-4400"

Now, obviously I would like to allocate on GPU to drive each monitor. Hence, to achieve this do I need to:

1. Run one monitor off the primary LFH port and the other off the secondary LFH port?
2. Does the card automatically allocate one GPU to each monitor if I run them both of the primary LFH port with the supplied splitter cable (LFH60pin female to Dual VGA Male)?

OR

Is my question irrelevant because everything in the card (memory architecture, processing work) is done in a cooperative fashion (similar to two CPU's running one computer).

The thing that got all this started was that in some of the NVidia/PNY literature it says something along the lines of "2 Quadro4 GPU's with 32mb of DDR memory each". After having bought the card I would like to get the maximum performance out of it and at some stage somebody in the wide expanses of the Internet must have asked the same question.

Hope the above make sense and any help in pointing me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
Alex
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitor issue with PNY Quadro4 400 NVS