Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Performance of 3 monitors 2 video cards
Quibble   2003-07-13 10:21
I've currently got my Geforce 4 ti4600 running 2 monitors on it and was wondering if there would be any performance issues if i stuck a pci geforece 4 mx 440 on there. I wouldn't think there would be when in windows however i would also like to use it for games such as FS. All of your help would be fantastic.

Sometime you hear the bullet.
Barton   2003-07-13 12:33
Quibble,

I'm running about the same VC setup (GF4Ti4600 AGP and MX400 PCI) and do flight simming all the time. No problems. I'm currently running the 44.03 drivers with FS2004 and things are still a little squirly. I don't think FS2004 quite has all the bugs worked out yet. If you're running FS2002 with the 30.72 drivers, things are rock steady. Not sure about the other drivers with FS2002.

Good Luck!
Quibble   2003-07-13 15:49
Thanks heaps Barton :)

Quibble   2003-07-13 15:50
Barton,

One more question do u use any specific program to split your monitors in FS or do u just use the internal one??

Thanks

Barton   2003-07-14 03:48
All I use is the internal "Undock Window" feature. nVidia has a "span" mode when you can undock a window and then stretch it across two windows, however; spanning a front view across two windows really inhibits your view. I have yet been able to find a program or get nVidia to tell me if they working on a feature than will allow you to "span" more than two monitors with multiple cards.

I know I can go to the Parhelia and span all three, but then I would be reduced to analog and after experiencing digital monitors, I'll just wait for nVidia.

Maybe someone out there will come up with a triple or quad DVI card with "spanning" capability across all three (or more) monitors.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Performance of 3 monitors 2 video cards