Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Turning your monitor on it's side
Saeed   2003-07-13 10:57
I have three monitors, one 21inch and two 15inch on either side. Both side monitors are running on an Nvidia card, and I installed the latest drivers so that I'm able to rotate both edge monitors so the bottom edge of the 15 inchers are the same height as the 21 monitors.

Is there a downside to running monitors on their sides? What about the side being on the ground. Does it need to be ventilated? Has anyone created a setup to layout monitors like this? Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks,
ecarlson   2003-07-13 13:29
I know people sometimes rotate their secondary LCD monitors, so the hight matches their larger primary monitors, but I'm not sure about CRT monitors. I would think it would work fine, but there is the possibility of a heat issue if there are no vents at the top and bottom for air to convect through. In the old days, there were some CRT monitors designed to rotate.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Saeed   2003-07-13 15:03
Yeah, I think heat is my main concern, but I can always put it on an elevated "grill" type platform to keep the air moving.
ecarlson   2003-07-14 13:11
If the monitors have lots of air holes on both sides, and they aren't blocked, it should be okay.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Persnickety Tim   2003-07-19 06:17
Please tell me more about the NVidea drivers that let you turn the two monitors sideways. Can you rotate one left and one right so that the 'tops'
rest against the larger central monitor? I'd love to do that to my two 17's, then I could pop a 21 in the middle.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Turning your monitor on it's side