Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Toolbars and multiple monitors.
Keithe Merl   2003-07-14 02:18
I am running a G400 dual head card. I want to set up my autocad to maximize drawing space in the primary monitor and have the toolbars in the secondary. The problem is when I load up Autocad the toolbars automatically move back to the primary screen. Then I have to move them all back to the other screen. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Steve   2003-07-19 10:31
It's the same with Lightwave.. the nVidia nView utility is supposed to remember where the windows are, but I can't get it to work with child windows of Lightwave.. so every time I open them they resort back to the primary monitor.
I've been pulling my hair out about this. I wonder if it's a Lightwave problem or a windows xp/nVidia problem?
Does anyone know?
Persnickety Tim   2003-07-31 12:13
I had a similar problem with my G400 Dual-Head. In Matrox PowerDesk, I had opted for 'Center dialog boxes and message boxes...In parent program window'. This caused Paint Shop Pro to stack all its toolbars and palettes in the middle of the working window, instead of where I had laid them all out on the other display.

Hope this helps. Tim
sol_arch   2003-07-31 15:46
i'm having the same trouble with windows xp and architectural desktop 3.3 (autocad 2002). i can leave the "properties" window open on screen two and it will be remembered, but toolbars return to screen two upon relaunching of acad. so what i've done is make a custom toolbar with all the tools i use. it's less annoying to move one toolbar in the morning than to move four or five.

-c
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Toolbars and multiple monitors.