Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitors and windows XP
Bongo   2003-07-14 03:02
Correct me if im wrong, but if you have 2 pci cards that are the same model will they work fine with XP, because i have 1 agp card and 2 pci cards, one is a sis 6326 and the other one is a cirrus 5446, which i cant use in xp because it cant intialise 2 different pci cards. So, if i get another 6326 i should be able to have 3 monitors shouldnt I?
ecarlson   2003-07-14 13:25
Some PCI cards have to be primary in BIOS to become active in Windows XP, other cards don't care. You need at least one card that doesn't care. I have no idea if any of the cards you mentioned fit that description. It has nothing to do with the cards being the same. Just for fun, try swapping the slots of the 2 PCI cards you already have.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Bongo   2003-07-15 01:42
Ive already set the PCI card to primary in the bios, its just that the cirrus says it cant be started, therefore i cant use it in XP. Anyone else know what cards arent bothered?
ecarlson   2003-07-15 09:10
Did you swap the slots for the two PCI video cards? If they're both old, it's likely that neither one will work as a second PCI card, but it's worth a try. Most newer PCI cards should work okay, or just get a dual output card.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitors and windows XP