Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multi monitor issue
bEE2643   2003-07-22 13:19
i have a GeForce4 Ti4200 w/ winXP
the monitors would work fine with nView, but i wanted ultramon because its got better features
so when i goto enable my secondary monitor, its all white, and i can drag my cursor over to it but i cant see any windows.
so then i disabled ultramon and went to reenable nView, and i get the same thing
so if im gonna fix the problem i may as well fix it with the program i want
ULTRAMON!! hehe
how do i do this?
oh and btw how do u change the orientation, it seems to think the secondary is on the left when its setup on the right :)
ecarlson   2003-07-23 11:37
Go to display properties, and drag the monitors into the correct positions. I don't know how to fix the other problem. Is it a loose cable? Also, NView and UltraMon have different sets of features. Can't you use both at the same time?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
bEE2643   2003-07-24 13:01
no, only one will beable to be active at a time
and right now i can't get either to work
like i said if i drag my cursor over i can see it on the second monitor, other than that the screen is white and i cant put any windows on it or anything

and in regards of the loose cable, no, their both screwed in...again, i can see the background on startup and some of my "lost" icons, but then the monitors refresh and the screen is white.
bEE2643   2003-07-24 13:02
i would REALLY like to get this working, because now i have neither, so if i could get any feedback or support (even from the developer) it would be much appreciated.
Christian Studer   2003-07-24 16:12
To make sure it's not a driver issue, try reinstalling a stable set of drivers (for example 41.09), then go to advanced Nvidia properties and make sure that Standard (DualView) is selected under nView Display Mode.

Once you have both monitors working fine, you can then use UltraMon and/or the nView Desktop Manager, or no utility at all.

The only major compatibility issue with UltraMon and the nView Desktop Manager is UltraMon Mirroring, but UltraMon will warn you if it detects a potential conflict. You will also need to either disable the nView window button, or configure custom button spacing in UltraMon Options > Window Title Bar.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multi monitor issue