Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Margi Display-to-go with XP Service Pack 1
mike m   2003-07-29 01:43
Just bought the PCMCIA video card for an IBM T30 running Windows XP Service Pack 1. After setting it all up, I couldn't get any output through it. Turns out even though XP is listed as supported on Margi's site, Service Pack 1 is not according to their FAQs. Any ideas on how to get it up and working or am I sol and should try another card, either another PCMCIA or a half PCI in the IBM Dock II?

Thanks for any help...
Christian Studer   2003-07-29 01:51
No idea what the problem might be, but the Display-to-Go (4MB version) works fine for me on Windows XP SP1 with the 2.15 drivers, Dell Latitude CPt.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
mike m   2003-07-29 02:17
I went back and got the latest driver (2.15) from Margi and still no luck. What's weird is that the Display-to-go control panel and the Displays control panel both show that the card is there and working fine. I just am getting nothing on the screen.

Could it be a bad cable? For some reason the card I ordered didn't come with the VGA cable, so I'm using the DVI one with a DVI to VGA adaptor.
Christian Studer   2003-07-29 02:28
That might be a possibility, I would also check if the monitor is working properly by connecting it to the VGA port of the laptop.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2003-07-29 13:59
Sounds like a cable issue. The DVI cable probably only has wires for the digital lines, so you are probably essentially connecting the DVI-VGA adapter to nothing.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
dale   2003-08-18 23:17
Did you manage to get the display-to-go card working?

I am in the same situation as you; I have one with a DVI cable that I need to connect to a VGA monitor.

I was planning on just using an adapter, but it sounds like that may not work...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Margi Display-to-go with XP Service Pack 1