Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitors with FS 2004
Jeff   2003-07-29 04:41
I just received FS2004 (early christmas gift). I am currently just running a 128mb geforce 4ti4600 video card on a 22" monitor. My PC is a 2.4ghz P4. It runs great, but I want to add at least one more monitor (left front view for pattern work). What are my options? I have never done multiple monitors. Do I have to buy a new PC and use WideView (Not exactly sure how that works). Are there any good setups where I just purchase another video card that would still allow me to render hardware acceleration for the second monitor? ANY help is GREATLY appreciated. THanks

Energy is life, keeps your eyes on the horizon
Ing   2003-09-01 14:42
I don't know about MSFS04 but I have 03 and run "extra" views in undocked mode one the side monitors.. I have a 3 monitor system.
Barton   2003-09-02 10:55
Jeff,

Take a look at my system posted here on this site. This is FS2004 (777-200) broken up on several monitors. I can't get the "wrap around" effect because nVidia doesn't support dual-view across multiple cards. When the Xentera GT4 AGP card comes out in October, this should solve that problem.

Barton
anom   2003-09-03 02:47
When i first upgraded to FS2004 i had a problem with not being able to undock windows like i used to (simply by right clicking)in FS2002.

If you get this You have to undock the whole screen first (alt-enter) then while its in windowed mode you can undock (and drag) to individual windows.

once you have them where you want them on each monter You then can restore it with (alt-enter)again. (you may also need to maximise the main screen with "w" if you take the instrument panel away.

Currently I am running 2 screens although I am about to buy a cheap GF4-MX440 PCI card and step up to 3.

You have inspired me Barton. Nice job with you rig man.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitors with FS 2004