Forums -> Multiple monitors -> any advice
john s.   2001-01-26 14:57
I have a all in wonder radeon agp and i am considering getting a creative labs tnt pci as my secondary adapter. Will opengl work on both moniters, 1, or just crash. Will tv tuner output be able to be achived on second moniter. According to ati the all in wonder must always be the primary display in a multi moniter setup. Will this tnt work for what i want or will it not.
Christian Studer   2001-01-27 02:01
TV output should work fine with the TNT, I'm using a TNT as secondary myself, and TV out works fine with the reference drivers for Win2000.

You won't have OpenGL on both monitors, if you'll have OpenGL on the Radeon depends on the driver, and you must use Win2000. See the OpenGL FAQ for more on this.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
john s.   2001-01-27 03:37
so if i try to use win98 and try to run any open gl appz it will crash or not use either of the cards because im not using win 2000. will all the 2d stuff work in win98.
Christian Studer   2001-01-27 05:33
2D will work fine, to get OpenGL acceleration you will need to disable the secondary monitor.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
john s.   2001-01-27 17:03
how would i do that go into system properties and disable the card or the moniter or both? Is there any applications that can diasable and enable moniters on the fly?
Christian Studer   2001-01-28 00:53
You can manually disable the second monitor from Display Properties, or use my UltraMon software, which does this and a lot more.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> any advice