Forums -> Multiple monitors -> What flavor of ATI Radeon do I have?
René   2003-07-29 23:58
Hi,

I need help identifying exactly what card I have.

In Win2K/Display properties/Advanced/Adapter it shows:
Adapter type: Radeon 7000 series
Chip type: Radeon 7000 AGP
Memory size: 32 MB

The board has only one DVI port.
With it came a 'splitter' cable which connects to the DVI port, and provides two VGA connections.

I've looked everywhere (Web, ATI) and can't quite find anything that matches the description; all cards seem to have either two vga ports, or vga and tvout.

Has anyone else seen/used this setup?

Thanx!

René
ecarlson   2003-07-30 10:42
I went to Google, and came up with lots of results. Use the query: "Radeon 7000 AGP DVI" (without the quotes)

Lots of companies make cards based in the ATI Radeon 7000 chipset. Have you looked at the video card to see if it has a brand name or model number?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2003-07-30 10:45
Also, are you saying your card has one regular VGA connector and one DVI connector? If so, that's pretty common. That's what my PNY GeForce4 Ti4200 card has. Does your card also have a video out connector in addition to the other two connectors?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
René   2003-07-30 23:02
Thanks Eric for your replies.

My card as only the one DVI port, and nothing else; no VGA, no TVOut.

On the card I found a P/N: 1028111600, and through the ATI web site I found this should be an 'ATI Wonder 7000'. But the pix and description of the card don't match what I have.

It's all a littlle odd to me.

But anyways, I'm finally understanding how this card works just the same. It appears to windows as one monitor, and the card manages the two displays. So its all just one big desktop, and to lump it up, it works - though a bit 'buggy'.

René
d   2003-08-21 10:37
hello,

i have the same card - Radeon 7000, with only 1 DVI connection.

Windows wouldn't identify mine so i went to ATI's site and did a PN lookup: http://apps.ati.com/102lookup/index.asp

About the only other information that i can offer is that mine wasn't purchased separately. It came with a Dell system. That system didn't have a flat panel monitor so it seemed a waste to use a digital card with it...

It sounds like you've already got the card up and running but the composite (catalyst) driver seems to work just fine.

havagood1,
D
Chris   2005-10-13 00:56
ATi Radeon VE is most likley what you have.

If you have a Dell the driver is available on there site.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> What flavor of ATI Radeon do I have?