Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Display with TV Tuner
bbzidane   2003-08-05 02:37
I know this question has been asked numerous times, but since there is always new hardware coming out, I just want to make sure that I got my facts straight

ATI have just announced a new video card, AIW 9600 Pro that supports dual display among other things.

What I want to know is, would I be able to watch tv on both the primary and secondary monitor (not simultaneously of course)

I basically want to watch tv on one monitor, preferably on the secondary monitor and edit/watch video clips on my primary monitor.

To get my setup, would the new ATI AIW 9600 Pro work? or would I need a AGP and a PCI video card?

I have also read that even if I have a AGP and PCI video card, the tv tuner would still only work on one monitor, is this true?

So is there any way to watch tv on either monitor and still play video clips on the other monitor at the same time?

I know that recent Matrox video card can do this, I think, so is this the only solution available at the moment?

Thanks for any input you have
Ing   2003-09-01 14:38
After hours of fustration with an ATI all in wonder card...sometimes I could get the TV tuner to work.. on the primary monitor (itself) I decided to get a chepo PCI tuner card off of Ebay.. I have a 3 monitor system and can now watch the tele on any of the three monitors.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Display with TV Tuner