Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need apps on touch-screen...video on (2) Plasmas or Projectors
Daniel   2003-08-18 02:20
Hello:
I've seen lots of info on CRT's\LCD's, but not much with hooking up TV's. I'm an inspiring DJ\VJ..looking for the right combo of video cards that'll show independent video\jpegs\.gifs,etc. on (2) seperate Plasma TV's or projector\screen setups. I haven't bought any of the gear yet. I have a P4 1.6 (XP home)with 1024 RAM and integrated video. I'd like to disable the onboard motherboard video and install an AGP and PCI card, right? Do I need (2)dual head cards with TV out, and what is the best connection to have for Plasma\Projectors? Are Plasmas subject to the interference issues I've read about here? Am I gonna need a TV\PC convertor (is that the same as a scan converter?). Or can I use one of those quad cards I've read about? I want to play visualations (AVS type stuff to MP3's)on one screen and video from an internal DVD-ROM drive on the second and maybe a DVD deck too(with a spliiter box?). Ideally..(2)P.O.P Plasmas would be great if I could devide 4 independent video sources that far. I read about the Xillion chip from ATI, I think. What cards have this beast? Will the documentation with the cards I buy,guide me thru the setup and routing procedures, and is the P4 1.6 even stout enough to pull this all off? 1000 questions I know, but have looked at this site for hours. Thanks.
Daniel
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need apps on touch-screen...video on (2) Plasmas or Projectors