Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need help understanding how multi-video cards work. Thinking Radeon 9700 + GeForce2 MX PCI
Nick Spolec   2003-08-26 04:59
Hey all,

I have a Radeon 9500 NP (softmodded to 9700), and I am thinking about picking up a GeForce2 MX PCI as a second video card, and use that as my TV out card, since the TV out quality of the Radeon 9x00's is quite, well, pants.

I am expecting to only watch DVD's/Play arcade games with the card when using TV out on it.

But, I was wondering..

Let's say I am using the GeForce2 MX to power a third monitor/TV. When I play games, will the games be played using the power of the my 9500 NP on all the monitors, even those connected to the GF2MX?

Like, let's say I enable TV out on the GF2MX, and I go to play some games on the TV... Will the 9500 be used to drive the games, and the GF2MX used just to output the display?

You catch me? The 9500 does the work, the GF2MX just puts out a display.

I have no knowledge in this whatsoever, so any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-NS
ecarlson   2003-08-27 14:06
No. Each display card does its own work. That's what a display card is for.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need help understanding how multi-video cards work. Thinking Radeon 9700 + GeForce2 MX PCI