Forums -> Multiple monitors -> help me!
Mindabsence   2003-09-02 10:16
I've been trying to get multiple monitors set up on a friends machine because he has all the equipment but has never attempted to do multi-mon.
BUT
there is one problem. Here are the cards we have attempted to use:
*PCI diamond Stealth SE (S3 Trio Chip)
*PCI ATI 3D Rage
We have tried to get the setup working with one card then another but windows xp seems to not like those cards, when we go into device manager there is a little yellow exclamation mark beside the video card and we have tried to get the newest drivers but still nothing. His primary video card is an AGP ATI All In Wonder Radion 32mb. We have tried placing those cards and testing them individualy in PCI slots 1 and 4 and neither of them work.

Could there be some issue with those cards not being XP compatable or is there something that I could be forgeting to do because I'm fairly new into multiple monitors, I know my machine was a simple plug in the card and monitors and it worked. Doesn't look like its gonna be as easy for him though!

please help me!
Thanks!
Barton   2003-09-02 10:41
There are many documented problems with the RAGE series and S3 cards.

Best advice, buy a new dual-head AGP card. If money is no object, the Xentera GT4 or Matrox Parhelia. If money is an object, the ASUS V9520 Video Suite from newegg.com. $118.99 including shipping.

Good luck!

Barton
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> help me!