Forums -> Multiple monitors -> triple monitor problem
Dave C   2003-09-09 20:31
I have problem with a triple monitor setup.
win98SE, athlonxp1800,512MBram, ATI radeon 7000 dual head (agp), Geforce mx2 (PCI).

I can run the radeon 7000 in dual head mode with extended windows desktop ok. I then install the geforce, windows finds software, I activate the monitor and extend the desktop. I can then place the monitor in relationship to the other two monitors. Everything works fine and is stable. The problem comes when I reboot, the dual head output is now identical on monitor one and two, and I cannot activate extended windows desktop to get back to having three seperate screens. I tick the box, the windows graphic shows monitor two highlighted, if I then click apply or ok it unticks the box and disables the highlight. I cant get differing outputs to monitor one and two. I have tried with hydravision and without it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DC
ales   2003-09-10 06:37
It could bi the Nview driver (geforce).

Chek if You have selected Dual view or cloe in geforce settings.
Dave C   2003-09-10 08:19
If I understand you correctly the Nvidia card may be forcing the ATI card to show clone on its two outputs. I have explored the Nvidia settings but cant find anything that would suggest that it can do such a thing. It is a single head card and there doesnt appear to be any specific heading that refers to dual head applications.
I have taken your comments and translated them to the ATI card as well, but I cannot see any setting that will allow me to alter clone/or seperate view.
AM I missing something?

The driver set for the radeon 7000 is the latest version from the ATI site, and are supplied by catalyst, for the "powered by ATI" cards.

I have started with a fresh fomatted HD and rebuilt win98, installed the 7000 card(dual head) and then the Nvidia card, it is the same problem as I originally reported, I get three monitor system that is stable and allows desktop extension across all three screens, but when I reboot screens one and two (radeon 7000 card) are clones. Windows settings will not allow this to be altered. It depicts that the second screen in not enabled. When I enable it and click apply or ok, it reverts to not being enabled. Screen 3 (Nvidia) is ok in all of this.
HELP pleaes
What am I doing wrong?

DC
Thiadrik   2003-09-30 06:18
The bios needs to load on pci then it will work

Duron900, Asus A7n8x-x, 512mb pc3200, GeF2 agp+21'' S3 pci+17'' 80gb hd, 60gb hd, 48x24x48x, 16x32 dvd rom
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> triple monitor problem