Forums -> Multiple monitors -> laptop multimon
Epsilon   2003-09-10 11:33
Hello all,

I have an IBM Thinkpad with an ATI Mobility M3 display device. What I want to do is have one half of the screen be on the laptops TFT, and the other on an externally (vga) connected monitor.

So I connected the monitor and run a dual display (monitor just a clone of what was on the TFT) through win2k display properties. However ultramon doesn't seem to recognise that there is another monitor connected. Is this because my video device does not support extended desktops?

Always try to walk a mile in the other guys shoes. That way, if you're wrong, you're a mile away...and you have his shoes!
Christian Studer   2003-09-10 12:14
As far as I know there are no Windows 2000 drivers with multi-monitor support for the ATI Mobility. Should work fine with XP though using drivers from www.geocities.com/ziyadhosein.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Matt   2003-09-10 15:33
You can't use UltraMon, but the lastest Mobility drivers (you can get them from IBM's website) allow you to spread your desktop across the VGA and the LCD. If you want true multi-monitor, get one of the CardBus video cards (Margi Display-to-Go or Appian Traveler... soon there will be another option with the VTBookDD)
Epsilon   2003-09-13 04:30
"the lastest Mobility drivers (you can get them from IBM's website) allow you to spread your desktop across the VGA and the LCD" -Matt

I snagged the newest Mobility 128 drivers from IBM's site, but I don't see where/how I would spead the desktop across the LCD + VGA. I checked all the options in Display Properties --> Settings --> Advanced and don't see any such option...

Little help?
Matt   2003-09-18 08:48
My bad, I didn't look closely enough to see you have a Mobility M3. I have a T30 with a Mobility 7500 and it supports this ability... I don't know if the M3 does.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> laptop multimon