Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win2K hibernate problems with NVidia and Motherboard Monitor app
ecarlson   2003-09-10 13:40
Hibernate mode wasn't working on my home and work Windows 2000 computers if I used NVidia drivers newer than 41.09. With each computer, when I tried to bring them out of hibernate, both monitors would stay blank. (Hibernate always worked fine with 41.09 or older drivers.)

I just installed the latest version of the Motherboard Monitor app (v5.3.4.0) on both computers, and now hibernate mode is working fine with the latest 45.23 NVidia drivers.

I hope this helps people who mentioned having similar problems with hibernate mode. Please let us know if it does.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2003-09-10 14:08
Of course, you get Motherboard Monitor from http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ , but that was easy enough to find on Google, since it's the first site that shows up when you search for Motherboard Monitor.

ecarlson   2003-09-11 11:53
Update: Tonight, my home computer monitors stayed blank after resuming from hibernate mode, but my work computer is still resuming fine. So I'm still not sure what's up.

I'd like to hear what other people find out.

BTW: My home system has a dual output Ti4200, and my work system has a pair of Riva TNT2 M64 cards (one PCI, one AGP).

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win2K hibernate problems with NVidia and Motherboard Monitor app